The Cuban nature
The Cuban nature is rich and curious in all its extension. The Flora distinguishes by the endemic and diversity of its plant communities. Of all this groups, the orchids, cacti and palms are the highlighted ones.
The fauna of Cuba
The fauna of Cuba has the peculiarity of having in the smallest its most exclusive features, and in the 368 different bird species, the reptiles and amphibians, the exclusivity has high percentage. This richness and endemism are endless. The marine ambiance and wetlands, living fossil, endangered species and important coral reefs have a great value and international acknowledgments.
The Island has a rich and varied terrestrial fauna. There are species that are internationally recognized as its dwarfism. For example:
World’s Smallest Bird:zunzuncito
The World’s Smallest Bird:zunzuncito (fly bird,Cuban bee humming bird or Helena hummingbird (Mellisuga helenae), a true winged jewel (63 mm in length).
It is also worth mentioning the Cuban frog (Eleutherodactylus limbatus) (12 mm in length); the butterfly bat that weighs 2 to 3 grams, and a dwarf scorpion (10 mm in length); In addition, there are numerous species of mollusks, some of a great beauty such as polymitas; there are considered by many experts as the most beautiful land snail.
The land and marine avifauna is diverse and attractive and consists of more than 350 species reported (many of which are endemic). There are species that migrate to the island in the winter. The privileged geographical position, halfway between the two Americas, makes Cuba a place for a large number of birds. For this reason, there are internationally recognized areas, such as the Ciénaga de Zapata (Zapata Swamp).
For the visitors that are looking to be in direct contact with nature there are many options: bird watching, hiking, diving, sport fishing, outdoor horseback riding, cave tourism, bicycle tourism or rural tourism are some of the options in Cuba.
Protected Areas in Cuba:
- Guanahacabibes National Park
- Viñales National Park
- Mil Cumbres Protected Area of Managed Resources
- Sierra del Rosario Biosphere Reserve
- Las Terrazas
- Península de Zapata Biosphere Reserve
- Valle del Río Canímar Protected Natural Landscape
- Guanaroca- Punta Gavilán Refuge of Fauna
- Hanabanilla Protected Natural Landscape
- Cayo Santa María Refuge of Fauna
- Las Loras Refuge of Fauna
- Caguanes National Parks
- Topes de Collantes Protected Natural Landscape
- Lomas de Banao Ecologic Reserve
- Jobo Rosado Protected Area of Managed Resources
- Sierra del Chorrillo Protected Area of Managed Resources
- Limones-Tuabaquey Ecologic Reserve
- Río Máximo Refuge of Fauna
- Other touristic areas of interest: Yaguanabo Protected Natural Landscape
- El Nicho
- Desembarco del Granma National Park
- Turquino National Park
- Baconao Biosphere Reserve
- La Gran Piedra Protected Natural Landscape
- Hatibonico Ecologic Reserve
- Alejandro de Humboldt National Park
- El Yunque de Baracoa Featured Natural Element
You can find more information in this links:
Remember you always can book any of our service All International Travel in our site and don’t forget share this with your friends…!!!!
And as we ever say:
Good vacations and good international travel to all!!!